How does Adoptimize work?
During intake, our browser-based software uses a webcam to take a video of the dog. The Adoptimize algorithm selects the best photo from the video and automatically edits it for posting online – no more manual photography!
What type of equipment is required for Adoptimize?
Either your shelter or Adoptimize can provide you with the following required equipment:
- 2 soft box ceiling lights installed from ceiling (electrical) or wall mounts
- Adoptimize backdrop hung from in-wall hooks
- 1 leash hook
- 1 Brio 4k webcam
- 1 PC laptop computer running Chrome browser & animal management system
- 1 set of computer speakers
What kind of space is needed for Adoptimize?
- 9 feet deep by 6 feet wide (against a wall) by 12 feet tall (ceiling height)
- Ethernet access with upload speeds over 35 MB/S
- Electrical access
- Optional: white walls, which bounce the light and make the dogs look brighter
Example Adoptimize set up at Palm Valley Animal Center
What does an Adoptimize pilot involve?
In starting a pilot with Adoptimize, we ask for a 3-6 month commitment with at least 50% of dog intake going through the Adoptimize system. We ask for bi-weekly exports of animal management data (intake, outcomes, etc), as well as a dedicated shelter point-person.
How long does it take to install Adoptimize?
It depends on the number of dogs in your shelter, but generally three or four days. The first day is purely installation of physical equipment and IT set up. The rest of the days are used to put all current dogs through Adoptimize to get before-and-after data. We also train your intake staff, but that only takes 15 minutes!
What are Adoptimize’s goals?
Our mission is to increase adoption rates, reduce lengths of stay and reduce euthanasia for pets across the country.
Get on our schedule here.